Prevailing Life is about the conversation. I want to hear what you think. But for the dialogue to be productive there must be a few simple ground rules.
So here is my policy concerning comments. By posting on my blog you are agreeing to the following:
1. You may add to the conversation. Your perspective and contribution matters. By commenting you help to build a community experience.
2. You may post anonymously. Of course, I would rather you post with your actual identity. I could change this rule if it is abused.
3. You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, probably others have the same one. Others probably are thinking in similar ways. So, I would prefer to receive your comments on my blog than by email. It is a more efficient use of my time to address everyone at once rather than answer several emails with the same question.
4. You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. None-the-less, I request that if you disagree with me–or anybody else–please do so in a fashion that is respectful. There is too much shouting and name calling in public dialogue these days. I will not tolerate it here.
5. I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I do not have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine. To be clear, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog.
6. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
7. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
As you can see, my aim is to host inspiring and thought provoking conversations with a community of caring, truthful, and respectful persons. I believe these simple comments policies will help us fulfill this goal.